Join our dynamic and fun team and be a controller in the Toronto FIR. This page highlights the steps to become a VATSIM controller in Toronto.
Are you an individual looking to join an energetic, high paced, yet still friendly controlling environment? Then you have come to the right place!
At CZYZ we train hard in order to provide you with the best experience as an Air Traffic Controller and to ensure our pilots get the high level of Air Traffic Control they have come to expect. If you’re up for an exciting and challenging career as a virtual Air Traffic Controller, join CZYZ today!
Step 1. – Join VATSIM
- If you are currently not a member of VATSIM then you can sign up for an account at the VATSIM Registration Page. Ensure that you read all of the pages and instructions carefully.
- Under the preferred region field select the North America region.
- After you complete your registration you receive an ID and password from VATSIM via email. When you have these two items, continue to step two.
Step 2. – Join VATCAN (Canada Division of VATNA).
- You will need to first join the VATCAN region if you have not or skipped some steps from Step 1, click the following link to set your region: https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/regch.php.
- You will now get your choice to select a region and division to join. To join VATCAN select North America as your region.
- In the select a division drop down box, select Canada
- Press Continue to set your selection
Step 3. – Join the Toronto FIR
After registering an account on VATCAN, you will have to request the CZYZ FIR.
- Login into VATCAN, vatcan.ca/login with your VATSIM number and password.
- In the navigation menu select Division Info>Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Complete all three lessons in Training Block 1: Welcome to VATCAN.
- Complete all four lessons in Training Block 2: S1: Clearance Delivery & Ground Training
- Complete your S1 exam by visiting the exam centre: My VATCAN>Exam Centre
You will then be assigned to an instructor who will work with you to get your rating!
Thank you for your interest, and good luck!
~Toronto FIR Administration